Sunday, September 16, 2007

What I Do Know

This'll be shorter than my prior entry .
I have learned that one advantage of getting older (and they are darn few) is that one's ability to be embarrassed is diminished markedly. An example of this occurred some time back. I had just entered the lobby of the building where I was employed, when I tripped over absolutely nothing and went down like a wounded buffalo. As two kind gentlemen hauled me to my feet, I couldn't help noticing that the skirt of my conservative gray suit had hiked up nearly to my as...k your mother for fifty cents.

Of course, my rescuers got on the same elevator with me. I waited for my face to flame, for tears of humiliation to start. But, to my amazement, neither of these things occurred. What did occur to me was that this was not the most embarrassing thing that had ever happened to me ; not even in the top three! Life would, indeed, go on.

In case you're wondering what some of my more memorable faux pas are, well you'll just have to wait.

No comments: